Thursday 27 February 2014

Well. Its been 1 Month.


Feb. 28th makes it one month since we arrived in Singapore - and 6 weeks since I packed all my favourite things away lol (I'll let it go eventually I promise.. but its honestly been like a bad break up. I often wonder if my omelette maker thinks about me as much as I think about him. Of course he does.)

A lot has gone on in the past month. We moved from a hotel to our condo, we experienced a week of no hot water (new building - utilities were still being set up. which has taught me to be very grateful for hot water lol), we waited patiently for our furniture to arrive, I've had a couple job interviews, Irt has worked every hour of every day (whats new) and we've met some really fantastic new friends. 

I've also learned a lot about myself in the past month, for example 

1. I will never like sea food. 
Irt and I went out for dinner to a hawker centre (asian food court) not too long ago and I ordered pineapple fried rice. When I got my rice it had sea creatures in it. Uh. I could barely look at my plate let alone eat what was on it. Lesson for next time ? Pineapple rice  hold the sea creatures. 

2. I secretly still like going to clubs. 
Anyone who knows me ... knows that I hate clubs. I will make up any excuse to not go. It could be my best friends birthday. It could be my husbands birthday but I will find a way out of it. But here in Singapore. Sign. Me. Up. I love it. I actually feel like I'm in my early 20s again. 

3. I am not in my early 20s. 
Although my love for going out to clubs has been rekindled my body reminds me almost daily that im approach my 30s in the next couple years. For example, while I like going to clubs I also enjoy leaving at a reasonable hour. Also, I can only tolerate cold showers for so long. I like being in bed before 11. I require a cup of tea to start my day. The list goes on. I'm definitely an old soul. 

4. I am capable of being fit. 
I have been lazy the majority of my life. Singapore has forced me, FORCED ME, to be active. I have to walk 2,000 steps to the grocery store and 2,000 steps home. Thats 4,000 steps of my daily 10,000 step goal. I have to walk. To get food. Once walking was forced upon me..everything else came so easily. Swimming again. Running. I ran the other day. I wish someone had been there to see it (Just kidding i'm glad no one saw it.. because you think i sweat when i walk... just wait til you see me run) 


5. Home is where my husband is. 
Although I talk about how much I miss our milton house.. and all my household goods (don't worry little friends I'm coming back for you one day).... our home is really where ever the two of us might be. Our condo is slowly starting to feel like the Milton house -lol don't get me wrong its taking a lot of time and a little bit of daily mental convincing- ... but we're getting there slowly. And the fact that Irt and I get to actually spend our nights together instead of being on completely different schedules... makes it all worth it. 

So the verdict thus far...? 
I miss the old place... I miss our friends and family... 

but... 


Its 40 degrees here. 
I am not complaining. 

(Look, I know there have been a lot of pictures of just me lately, but when you lose a bunch of weight, I'm pretty sure you're entitled to all the self portraits you want.)

Scuba Jess. 
(Sea creatures are for looking, not eating. I wish that was the way I got to sign off on all my emails. I'm looking into it as we speak)

No comments:

Post a Comment