Monday 1 July 2013

The Heat.

While it is incredibly warm here in Singapore, this post is not about the climate. 

Today Irt and I went to the movies and saw The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. Hilarious. 

Before going to the movie we had a quick and cheap dinner at a fast food italian place called pastamania. Absolutely delicious. I was blown away lol. Anyways pastamania was located in the same mini mall as the theater. 

I am in love with the movie theaters here. Its nothing special, but there are little touches that make going to the movies that much more enjoyable. 

For example. My popcorn comes in a box rather than a bag. And I can close this box to prevent spillage while walking from the concession stand to my seat. Genius 

Which brings me to my second point, the seats. The seating in theaters is determined when you purchase your ticket (some theaters back home do this as well). And! You can sit in a "couples seat" which is essentially a couch. 

Last and most importantly... 

During movies I have an awful tendency to laugh loudly and hysterically at all the funny parts and even the not so funny parts. Back home Irt and all of you are horribly embarrassed by this and usually try to pretend that we're not together. 

Well guess what. 

Everyone here laughs loudly and hysterically through out most of the movie. In fact my wheezing and laughing can barely  be heard in the theater (unlike at home). My laughter is drowned out by the laughter of the local people. 

Amazing. Yet another reason I love Singapore. I fit right in. 

More popcorn please :) 

Scuba Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment