Sunday 14 July 2013

Let Them Eat Cake!

Today is our first wedding anniversary. We are back home in Canada. When planning our Singapore and Dubai trip, Irt suggested that we celebrate our anniversary in Singapore. How romantic. I said no. Then he suggested that we go to an all inclusive in the Caribbean . I said no. What?! Who would turn down such awesome anniversary plans!? 

I did. 

I've been waiting 365 days to eat the top tier of our wedding cake. And its happening. Today. 

Lets rewind to our wedding day. 
Everything went as planned ( thanks to our planners and families) Everything was so perfect that at no point did I have a melt down ( as many would expect) ... That is until the very end of the night ..  Everyone had left the banquet hall. The only people I can definitely remember being present for this moment was Irt and our mothers. 

I could not locate the top tier of our wedding cake. And i lost my mind. The bridezilla in me emerged. I went through every bag. Every car. Every inch of that banquet hall. You have no idea how much this top tier means to me lol. Thankfully one of our moms found it and brought it back to me lol. At this point Im sure Irt was thinking - what have i just legally agreed to LOL.

Anyways over the past year that top tier has received top priority in my life lol. The first thing I did when we got home from the wedding was securely wrap it and freeze it. It has survived many of my mood swings and cravings. ( no im not pregnant im a foodie) When we moved I personally transported that cake with the utmost care from freezer to freezer. I've turned down trips for this cake. 

Today is the big day. Happy first wedding anniversary babe! Lets. Eat. Cake. 

Scuba Jess 

No comments:

Post a Comment