Sunday 22 June 2014

No, No... Just Water Please.

Since October 19th (Blair and Anna's Wedding - Hey guys! #blogshoutout) I have only drank water. And black tea with a little bit of sweetener.
That's right, no:
-Coffee
-Pop/Soda
-Milk
-Juice
-Alcohol
-Smoothies that pretend they are made from just fruit
-Delicious coffee/latte anything from Starbucks

Nothing. None of it. Just water and black tea.
For some reason this has blown people's minds... back home but especially here.

I guess for those of you who know me very well you would know that prior to October 19th my day would include at least 1 cup of coffee, followed by several diet cokes and usually finished off with a hot chocolate. Back then the most water I consumed was whatever I swallowed while brushing my teeth.

However, things really changed on October 19th/20th (I remember the dates because I've never been in so much pain in my life haha).
Leading up to that weekend I was living my normal life... drinking all sorts of bad drinks lol and of course eating all sorts of bad food (it was around thanksgiving!)

And I started getting reeeeally sick all the time. Excruciating stomach pains. Throwing up. It was insane and I couldn't figure out what was going on.

So the weekend of the 19th we went to our friend's wedding and had an ammmmmmmazing night filled with amazing food and drinks. Towards the end of the night I started feeling so sick that we had to leave a tiny bit earlier than we had planned on leaving.

We got home and I honestly thought I was going to die. I had consumed all sorts of meds that should fix a tummy ache. I had called my mom, mother in law and telehealth Ontario and no one had any solutions for me. I stayed up most of the night in complete agony until Irt finally convinced me to go to the walk in clinic when it opened at 9am.
We go to the clinic...the doctor presses as hard as he possibly can on my stomach and asks if it hurts. I AM DYING at this point. And he finally sends me to ...

the hospital.

I hate the hospital and I will avoid it all costs. But there I was sitting in emergency being poked, xrayed and tested. It was hell. I was there for close to 8 hours and they had no idea what was going on. REALLY!?

They sent me home with some painkillers and planned for some more tests later that week, which included an MRI (they couldn't perform it that day because the technicians had gone home. way to go milton hospital.)

After more tests later that week I was informed that my liver was fat.
uh hello, of course my liver was fat - look at the rest of me.
my doctor told me that it was unusual for someone my age to be experiencing such liver conditions that I really need to clean up my life style and essentially lose a bunch of weight in the process.

and that was that. All I needed was a legitimate health scare (and a couple of weeks of unforgettable pain) to get my butt moving (in as many ways as possible)

So. Thats why I've started losing weight -  for my liver.

And.

Thats why I only drink water.

Im sure there are people out there reading this right now listing off things that I could be drinking and still be healthy, but .... really whats better than water? the answer is nothing. its clean. its fresh. its pure. go ahead challenge me on this one you will not win.

And many of you are probably saying anything in moderation is fine. and you're right. but for me I needed a good solid cleanse.

Would I love a cool refreshing drink of ....anything other than water at this point? hell. yes. I crave things all the time. ALL. THE. TIME.
And being in Singapore doesn't help where delicious drinks are everywhere lol.

So while I appreciate everyone's effort to convince me to drink something other than water... (Especially my dearest husband... LOL #fail)
It ain't happening lol.
Because I am never going to be in that much pain ever again.

Scuba Jess.
Ps. its totally appropriate that scuba jess only drinks water. is like i'm one with the ocean ahahah
PPS. its weird that I just referred to myself in the third person. i promise to never do that again.







No comments:

Post a Comment